Skip to content

Summer Study

Summer Study at Home
Thinking of taking summer courses back home?  Want to do an internship at home and receive credit?

Like Trinity students from the U.S., International students may take courses at home during the summer or work in an internship for academic credit. All summer study outside the U.S. must be approved through the Study Abroad office if you are to receive academic credit.

Please follow the steps below:
  1. Set up an appointment with a Study Abroad Advisor before March 15th by emailing or by calling (210) 999-7313. Make sure to mention that you are an international student and want to enroll in a summer course(s) and/or work in an internship in your home country.
  2. Talk with your academic advisor about your summer plans to see if it will be approved by your department. If all is okay, then the Study Abroad Office will help you complete the required paperwork paperwork.
  3. You must pay Trinity an administrative fee (~$500) which will be charged to your student account.  All other costs are your responsibility.

NOTE: Your transcript must be sent to a Credentials Evaluation Service for review since you will be attending a foreign institution. The Study Abroad Office will give you more info on evaluation services and their fees. 

For more information, contact the Study Abroad Office at: or (210) 999-7313.